S.J.M Vidyapeetha (R)

Sri Jagadguru Murugharajendra Arts College for Women

B.D.Road,  Chitradurga-577501.  Karnataka  India
Phone: 00-91-(08194)-223054
E-mail:sjmwc.cta@gmail.com

Youth Red Cross

            Youth Red Cross is a constituent of the Indian Red Cross Society, Karnataka. Red Cross Society is a world wide, well known, universally accepted, admired and internationally identified humanitarian service organisation. Jean Henry Dunant is the Father of Red Cross Society and was the recipient of Noble Award for Peace in 1901.

            The Red Cross unit members are the builders of the nation who take part in bringing the very MOTTO of Red Cross that is “SERVICE TO SOCIETY”

            Youth Red Cross wing was established at our institution in the year 2016-17. Registration fee is Rs.1500.00. It prescribes the members age group to be at 18-25 years and Membership fee for students is Rs.50.00 per annum. The instituition needs to send 30% membership fees collected to Indian Red Cross Society, Karnataka State branch and remaining 70% fee has to be retained by the college to meet the expenses inorder to carry our YRC activities.

YRC Activities conducted at our institution

  • World Red Cross Day
  • Promotion of Health Awareness about HIV
  • Swachh Bharath Abhiyan programme
  • Awareness about Health programmes, sevice to others
  • International Women’s Day
  • Geneva Convention Day
  • Blood Donation programme
  • Women’s Health Checkup programme
  • Programme on Prevention of Suicide
  • Gender Discrimination and Legal Awareness programme